Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pre camp fashion show

The fashion show was a hit! I went home and started looking around for things I could use. Here is what I came up with...

The Don'ts
Pair of holy jeans, Walkman, Fireman hat, Bobbie hat (police hat from England), Cat in the hat type hat, Overall shorts, purple boa, pink curly wig, BRIGHT red vest, dinosaur slippers, a lasso, sleeveless top, roller blades, Mickey mouse ears, nice skirt outfit, pointy hat.

The Do's
backpack, baseball hat, long - unholy jeans, sweatshirt, jacket, good tennis shoes, short sleeve shirt

I put all of these items on the table and asked the girls to make an outfit. I have NEVER laughed harder in my life and the girls had SOOOO much FUN! We ended up with the following...
Hillbilly Hillary (they also made up names)

She was our bike rider (we have a bike hike for all the years). She wore the shorts overalls, a pointy hat, and the sleeveless top. They chose to wear these over their existing clothes so it was even funnier to watch.

Mixed Up Mallory
She was our archery person. Decked in the cat in the hat look complete with the bright red vest and Walkman she was ready to hit almost anything with her arrow, that is everything BUT the target!

Swampin Suzzie
She was our canoe lady. She was about 5' and was wearing my holy pants (I am 5'9) along with the Bobbie hat, dinosaur slippers, and swinging the lasso! We have had problems with cut feet and sunburns down at the canoes so she very much made the point!

Rocking Rose
Our rock climber looked ready for a date by the time we were done with her. She wore a Sunday outfit topped off with a fireman's helmet!

Fallin DownOur hiker was ready for anything other than hiking. Pink wig, Mickey ears, and roller blades made her glide her way across the stage like a star.

I know these are obviously extremes but with each extreme we had the way we wanted them to dress. It made the night fun and educational! The girls REALLY hammed it up and I would really recommend this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.